The dress code at Preston Primary School has been implemented by the School Council to create a sense of collective and individual pride in students’ identification with Preston Primary School. In addition, a dress code provides parents/guardians with a cost-effective way to outfit their children for school and also provides the school with a means by which student and group safety can be maintained when not in the normal school setting. The dress code is specific and compulsory and contains a ‘hats’ statement for Terms 1 and 4.
Children are expected to wear uniform. Where children are unable to comply with the dress code, some form of communication, either written or phone, from the parent/guardian explaining the reason will be expected.
- Gold short-sleeved polo shirt
- Royal blue unisex shorts
- School dress or royal blue skort with gold polo
- Royal blue broad-brimmed “bucket style” hat Terms 1 and 4 (Sunsmart approved designs)
- Royal blue windcheater
- Royal blue bomber jacket or royal blue polar fleece jacket
- Royal blue track pants/Stussy-style/Ponte pants (plain colour only – no jeans or printed logos.)
- Gold short-sleeved/long-sleeved polo or skivvy
- Pinafore with gold long-sleeved polo or gold skivvy and navy tights
All of the clothing is interchangeable during summer and winter.
All orders are made on the Qkr! App.
Orders made through the week up to 4.30 pm on Thursdays are processed on Friday mornings and sent home with children.
Shoes and socks should be appropriate for school activities. For safety reasons, thongs and open-toed footwear will not be permitted.
Where religious beliefs require head-covering, it should be white. Where necessary, other items of uniform may be adapted to a style appropriate to religious requirements but should be in the correct colours. Any variation from the prescribed uniform, for whatever reason (religious, cultural, health), needs to be negotiated and approved by the Principal.
Parents/Guardians have the option of making or buying similar items from other sources.